Canada's Capital Furry Convention
Since 2016, CanFURence has been bringing people from all over the world together in Ottawa to celebrate the furry fandom in all of its creativity, diversity, and fun! Whether you are a fan of cartoon animals, cinematic creatures, or mascot characters, CanFURence caters to fans of all things anthropomorphic.
For 2021, we're creating a special event in November with a theme of "The Furs are Back in Town" with Guest of Honour Eevachu
For 2022, our theme will be "Steampunk on the Rails" with Guests of Honour Nicnak and Dodge Horse
We have some very important information for all of the fluffy and friendly folks eager to join us for CanFURence: The Furs are Back in Town! Specifically, what measures will CanFURence be taking to ensure the safety and health of our staff and attendees?
We have been closely monitoring and reviewing different options and requirements alongside our previously announced registration cap. All of these things are subject to change based on the national and local rules that we must adhere to, and on the constantly changing nature of this pandemic. As of this announcement, the following will be required in order to attend our event this November:
- We will be asking all attendees and staff to maintain physical distancing of a minimum of 2 meters (6 feet), and to remain properly masked, within the convention space (this includes fursuiters)
- There will be a COVID-19 symptom screening questionnaire prior to badge pick up.
- In order to receive their badge, staff and attendees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination (final vaccination received at least 2 weeks prior) against COVID-19. or results of a negative COVID-19 test from the last 7 days prior to the start of the event. Ontario no longer allows negative tests as sufficient for access to events like CanFURence.
- We will be providing our staff with additional safety plans and personal protective equipment where necessary.
- Some personal information provided to CanFURence may be submitted to contact tracing services, only if required, in compliance with public health directives.
Even with all of these efforts in place, we cannot promise that this event will be 100% COVID free, and we request that everyone consider the health and wellbeing of not only yourself and those within your personal life, but the health and wellbeing of your fellow furs as well.
If any circumstance arises at any time in which you can no longer attend and you have already pre-registered, please send an email to us at with the subject "Unable to attend" to have our Registration Team assist you.
If you have any additional questions or concerns that we may not have mentioned here, feel free to contact us at .
posted 2021/08/29 revised 2021/09/27
November 12 through 14, 2021
Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre
101 Lyon Street North
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Featured Artist: Eevachu
Countdown to CanFURence 2021 at Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre
Countdown to CanFURence 5 in 2022 (date is subject to change)
CanFURence we're tired of the pandemic edition?
Gnarly news incoming!
We are thrilled to announce that CanFURence 2021 is officially a GO!!
That's right, we are planning for an IN-PERSON event - Friday November 12, 2021 - Sunday, November 14th, 2021 at the Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centrel in Downtown Ottawa!
Keep your ears perked for hotel/registration info and updates to be announced via the website (www.canfurence.ca) Twitter, Telegram, and Facebook.
But what does that all mean? Here’s what we know at the moment:
- We will have an attendance cap of 500.
- We may have to limit or reinvent some activities or amenities related to fursuiting, dances, or live events to ensure everyfur is safe.
- This year's event comes with a new theme and title called “The Furs are Back in Town” a rad 80s/90s theme that also represents our return to the convention scene!
- CanFURence 5; "Steampunk: On The Rails" will be back next year in 2022.
- We are committed to put on as fly a show as ever.
As always, feel free to email us at with any questions. Please keep in mind that some questions may not have answers right now as we sort through some unknowns and keep track of the ongoing local and national regulations to ensure we can hold our event safely and responsibly.
We will make more announcements as soon as more information is available. See you in November for some far out fun!
“The Furry Fandom is a welcoming place that celebrates personal identity and diversity.”
Those words are often spoken, and many of us hear them and realize that this could be a community for us to feel genuinely at home.
CanFURence wants to help make that a solid part of our fandom.
We are requesting those who are Black, Indigenous, Persons of Colour, women, transgender, disabled, or nonbinary to please join us and share your experiences both with our con and within the fandom as a whole.
What would you like to see done in order to make this community better?
We want to have your voices and opinions not only heard but to assist in making this fandom, and our con, better by creating a safe, inclusive place for all. You are free to submit this feedback anonymously. No names or email addresses will be made public regardless of method of submission.
We also have several leadership positions available within multiple departments which will be linked in a separate document in a few days. Additional staff positions are also open for all departments. We ask that anyone interested submit these inquiries to with the subject line “CanFUR Staff inquiry”
From all of us at CanFURence
And a messge from Shard, our Communications Dept. Head.
My name is Shard, and I want to be very clear why I have written this request for CanFURence.
I am a transgender, adopted Colombian woman living in the United States. I cannot, and will not, speak for anyone besides myself. This fandom is an amazing place filled with incredible people. I want to truly see this con and this community really embrace the diversity we have.
To do that, we need to be heard and be seen.
I know it's easy to say that a lot of this feedback may have been given elsewhere before, but the reason we're asking like this right now is to affirm what the community needs so we can make those changes with a full reference. Communication is an amazing thing, and I want to see it here, so we can push for the changes that need to happen.
So, as a personal request: Please, speak up. Let your voice be heard here.
Stay safe, and stay well,
CanFURence Communications Dept. Head,
Shard Solacene Wintreswolf (She/Her)