Stronger Together as an integral part of CanFURence is commited to not only to act as its charity department, but as a way to:
promote social awareness of the challenges faced by members of our fandom,
fight stigmas associated with these challenges,
encourage a sense of community in the hope that our social networks act as safety nets in times of need.
Our 2019 Charity: Courageous Companions
Courageous Companions, a volunteer-driven non-profit group which provides trained service dogs to military service personnel, veterans and first responders diagnosed with an operational stress injury are back again as the charity for CanFURence 2019.
Check back here for further information about Courageous Companions, Stronger Together and what we have in store for you at CanFURence 2019!
Meanwhile, feel free to visit Courageous Companions’ website to quench your curiosity, at courageouscompanions.ca
How can you help?
- Auctions - Items Donation - Information
- Charity Auctions Rules
- Charity Auctions Information
- Auctions/Raffle - Item Donation - Form
Get help if your need it
Sign up for CPR training
- CPR isn't just for paramedics! Being ready to react in medical emergency situations saves lives!
Sign up for suicide prevention training
- Learn to identify suicidal behaviors and how to help your loved ones choose life.
Tell us What you Think!
Be there for each other
- Because we're Stronger Together
|Event||YYYY-MM||Charity Supported||Funds Raised|
|CanFURence 2018||2018-08||Courageous Companions||$10,000.61|
|CanFURence 2017*||2017-11||Ottawa Stray Cat Rescue||$5,071.00|
|CanFURence 2016*||2016-11||Ottawa Stray Cat Rescue||$5,675.30|
* - includes amounts raised at PawPrints Events during the year leading up to the CanFURence Event.