Canada's Capital Furry Convention
Since 2016, CanFURence has been bringing people from all over the world together in Ottawa to celebrate the furry fandom in all of its creativity, diversity, and fun! Whether you're a fan of cartoon animals, cinematic creatures, or mascot characters, CanFURence caters to fans of all things anthropomorphic. For 2019, our theme is "Mystery" and we have a lot of mysterious surprises in store for you aspiring gumshoes this year!
The Brookstreet Hotel Ottawa (Kanata)!
Will you help with solving the Mystery as we take over the 2nd floor convention space from August 2 to 4, 2019?
Join us and enjoy all the features of a 4 star hotel, resort and conference centre!
The Brookstreet Hotel, Resort, and Conference Centre,
525 Legget Drive,
Register for CanFURence 2019 in order to receive the booking link for our room block. Room block booking is available available starting April 1st, depending on your registration level, with all registrants able to book as of April 8, 2019.
Room Block availability: Bookings Closed!
The special prices noted below for the CanFURence room block are no longer available - the room block closed July 13th 2019 at midnight!
Note: One thing that happens when cities grow is they incorporate nearby cities and towns, and those cities and towns often have the same street names. There's a Legget Drive in Ottawa, and there's Legget Drive in what used to be Kanata but is now part of Ottawa. If you're doing a search put in "525 Legget Drive Kanata" to make sure you get the right one.
Here’s the rooms that you’ll be able to choose from:
- 1 King Bed $169
Enjoy accommodations fit for royalty in our spacious King Room. Every consideration of luxury has been taken into account, including a premium quality king-sized bed, a generous workspace, free Wi-Fi, a state-of-the-art entertainment centre, and a full bathroom. Oversize windows that easily open afford plenty of fresh air and natural light.
- 2 Queen Beds $169
Our Queen Rooms are designed to give you a truly remarkable hotel experience. These spacious and well-appointed rooms are equipped with everything from a cutting-edge entertainment centre, free Wi-Fi, an ample area to work, full bathrooms, luxury queen beds and bedding and big, beautiful windows that open to allow fresh air and plenty of natural light.
- Deluxe King Golf View $189
With 475 square feet, our expansive Deluxe King Golf View guestroom affords wonderfully spacious accommodation for our guests. This T-shaped guestroom features a king-size bed, a double-bed sofa, and windows overlooking The Marshes golf course. Combine these alluring assets with a state-of-the-art entertainment centre, a luxury bed and bath, as well as over-sized windows that open to the fresh air and invite rejuvenating natural light.
- Junior Suite $209
Each two-room suite boasts 500 square feet of space, a separate bedroom with king-size bed, a living/dining/work area, as well as a double pull-out sofa and more.
Prices quoted above are per night, for 1 or 2 guests - an additional charge applies for 3 or more guests.
These prices do not include 13% HST or 3% DMP hotel fee.
There are also two “Breathe Easy” hypoallergenic rooms available at an additional charge of $25 per night over the comparable CanFURence price. One room is a King room and the other is a Double Queen. If you want one of these rooms, act early.
Room Pricing - per night
|Room Type/Number of persons.||1 or 2||3||4|
|King Golf View||$189||$214||$239|
These prices do not include 13% HST or 3% DMP hotel fee.
- 2 on-site restaurants and cafe
- On-site spa
- Championship 18-hole golf course, executive 9-hole short course and putting course
- Full workout fitness studio
- Indoor & seasonal outdoor saltwater pools, children's wading pool & hot tubs
- Live jazz 7 nights a week at Options Jazz Lounge
- Shuttles to local shopping (Kanata Centrum and Tanger Outlets), Senators games and Canadian Tire Centre events. Check the schedule for the times, first come first available seating.
- Secure underground parking
- Game room and weekend kids activities
- Electric vehicle and Tesla charging station
- All-Gender washroom in convention space. CanFURence will be designating a washroom within the convention space as all-gender. Follow the signs, or ask con staff for directions.
- Complimentary high speed WiFi
- Cozy duvet and European pillows
- Comfy pillow top mattresses
- Individual climate control
- 37″ flatscreen HDTVs with movies on demand and true HD feed
- Keurig coffee machine and minibar
- Electronic safe
Please note: Check in time is 16:00, check out time is 12:00 (noon).
- For 3 or 4 guests, $25/night fee applies per additional guest.
- Minors up to 18 years of age, when staying with their parent or guardian, are FREE (the onus is on hotel guests to arrange this with the Brookstreet hotel).
- Cots: $15 a day
- Parking: $5 charge per night will be added to the room upon check in. Standard daily parking rate is $13 a day.
Discounts for Additional Services at the Brookstreet
- 10% off on all aesthetics in Au Naturel Spa (advance bookings only) https://www.brookstreethotel.com/au-naturel-spa
- 10% off all products in Au Naturel Spa
- 10% off in all Food and Beverage Outlets at Brookstreet Hotel and Ironstone Grill @ Marshes Golf
- Marchwood Golf Course: $10 (+ taxes) green fees, 7 days a week before 12pm https://www.brookstreethotel.com/marshes-golf-course
- Blackbird Falls Putting Course: Purchase 1 green fee at regular price, get 50% off your 2nd green fee
E&OE - we've tried our best to make sure this information is correct. If something is unclear please ask, we'll try to clarify it. If we've got something wrong, we reserve the right to correct it.