Canada's Capital Furry Convention
Since 2016, CanFURence has been bringing people from all over the world together in Ottawa to celebrate the furry fandom in all of its creativity, diversity, and fun! Whether you are a fan of cartoon animals, cinematic creatures, or mascot characters, CanFURence caters to fans of all things anthropomorphic. For 2021, our theme is "Steampunk on the Rails" with Guests of Honour Nicnak and Dodge Horse
Attendees and Dealers
It is with our deepest regret that we, the CanFURence Board of Directors, have come to the conclusion that we must cancel CanFURence 2020 for the year due to Covid-19. Given the current state of things in Ottawa, Ontario and around the world, there is no option that allows us to safely proceed and still host a convention of the caliber that we have done in the past. We intend to carry-over this year’s theme into 2021, along with all the events, panels, DJs and dealers that were being organized for this year.
First, a big thank you to all of you who have pre-registered for CanFURence 2020. For your convenience, we have automatically rolled over your registration into our 2021 event. If you still plan to attend in 2021, then everything is set for you for our 5th edition of CanFURence.
If you do not wish to have your registration rolled over and would like a refund, please email us at with the subject title “REGISTRATION REFUND” along with your badge name, legal name and birthdate. Once your email is received, our Registration/Business teams will assist with returning whatever you paid for your registration level. Be aware that you will have to re-register for the 2021 year if you ask for a refund.
While we won’t request any donations, we will greatly appreciate any that are provided to us. As with other organizations, CanFURence has operating costs that do run between events. If you would like to donate your registration fee, send an email to with the subject title “REGISTRATION DONATION” along with your badge name, legal name and birthdate. Once your email is received, our Registration/Business teams will mark down that your registration was donated. 10% of your donations will be forwarded to our Charity, Courageous Companions, as their ability to raise funds for their charity has also been affected by Covid-19. Be aware that if you choose to donate your registration, you will have to re-register for the 2021 year.
This email has been sent out today, 2 June 2020. If you would like a refund or to donate your registration, you have until 31 July 2020 to email us about this; if you do not notify us by July 31st we will automatically roll over your registration to our 2021 year, and our normal refund policy will apply.
- If you do nothing, your registration will be rolled over to 2021
- You may request a refund, until 31 July 2020, and you will have to register again in 2021
- You may donate what you paid for your registration to help make 2021 happen. 10% of what you paid will be donated to our charity, Courageous Companions. You will have to register again for 2021.
For dealers who have already paid for their table for our 2020 year, the above also applies to you: your table will be automatically rolled over into our next con, or you have the option to request a refund, or make a donation. Should you select a refund, be aware that you must reapply in 2021 when dealers applications open again. If you would like to donate your table/registration fee, your table slot will NOT be cancelled; you will, however, have to repay the same fee once 2021 registration reopens. Either way, please use the titles “DEALER TABLE REFUND” and “DEALER TABLE DONATION” when emailing out Registration/Business teams using .
In short, these are the following actions that attendees/dealers can take for their registrations/tables:
- Registrations and dealers tables are automatically rolled over to our 2021 year.
- If you want a refund of your registration/table fee, send an email to with the subject title “REGISTRATION REFUND” for attendees or “DEALER TABLE REFUND” for dealers. Please supply your badge name, legal name and birthdate with your request.
- If you want to donate your registration/table fee send an email to with the subject title “REGISTRATION DONATION” for attendees or “DEALER TABLE DONATION” for dealers. Please supply your badge name, legal name and birthdate with your request. 10% of the funds raised this way will go towards Courageous Companions.
- All requests must be made before 31 July 2020.
As for hotel reservations, if you have reserved a room in our room block, then your hotel room has automatically been canceled - no further action is needed from your part. If you have any questions regarding anything related to our room block, please send an email to . If you reserved a room outside our room block, you will have to contact the Westin hotel or the booking agency you used in order to cancel it.
- If you booked your accommodation through our room block, it is cancelled
- If you booked your own accommodation, not through our room block, you must cancel it yourself.
We apologize again about having to cancel this year’s event, but very much look forward to seeing everyone in 2021!
The CanFURence team